THE MUSEUM OF CEUTA
This museum occupies one of the former ravelin pavilions built in 1900 by the Military Engineers Squad, according to a project designed by Ceuta’s Exempt Command.
In 1989, the building’s restoration project was approved to set up the museum there, in the same year it was declared Cultural Heritage.
Its façade is in neoclassical style. The structure is built on two floors over cushioned skirting boards, decorated with pilasters in superimposed order flanking a series of openings. A set back third floor finishes off this building.
The museum occupies the ground and first floors. Part of the building is used for a permanent exhibition of the Archaeological Section, observing the criteria for chronological division into Ancient, Medieval and Modern Times, each of them dealing with a series of important core themes for each period. The facilities are completed by two rooms used for temporary exhibitions.
NUMBER 14 LANDMARK IN
OUR PRINTED TOURISTY MAP
(Tourist Information Offices)